Special Education Programs
For more information please follow the Literacy Brochure link.
Interactions programming supports students with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ASD impacts how people understand what they see, hear and sense. This lifelong disability can result in difficulties in communication, social relationships, behaviour or learning. Although some students with ASD achieve at grade level, many have uneven or delayed achievement.
Programming is based on the individual needs and abilities of each student. The unique program includes the following:
• Structured environment with regular routines
• Smaller classes for more targeted instruction
• Visual aids, concrete examples and hands-on activities
• Frequent praise and other meaningful rewards to help students adopt positive behaviours and attitudes
• Opportunities to join other classes for instruction in a student’s areas of strength
For more information please visit the Edmonton Public Schools Interactions Web site: